Medical Office AssistantFacility: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: West Babylon, NY Department: CHPP Cardiology West Babylon-P Category: MOA/MA Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6042827
The Medical Assistant is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment. The MA functions under the supervision and delegation authority of the licensed provider, while performing clinical and other supporting patient care tasks. The MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care and demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills. The MA assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Greets and welcomes patients. Uses two (2) identifiers for patient identification (name and date of birth). Escorts patients to exam rooms. Directs patient flow for maximum efficiency.
- Collects and documents patient information, clinical data and other relevant information such as vital signs, height/weight, allergies, active medication list, chief complaint, pain screen and current symptoms.
- Obtains additional data from patient/significant other, EKG/lab/ diagnostic test results and other historical data. Reports findings to provider, recognizing abnormal findings or changes in condition.
- Collects, prepares and processes laboratory specimens for on-site and remote-site testing. Tracks and enters results in medical record. Performs quality control for waived testing and log maintenance.
- Provides and reinforces appropriate age-specific patient education, health information materials and community resources, as directed. Identifies patient’s need for additional information, and refers to RN or appropriate practitioner.
- Works to create and maintain excellence in patient/family satisfaction, relationships and engagement. Responds to care questions or complaints in order to immediately resolve. Provides documentation on unresolved issues voiced by patients and refers to appropriate party for resolution.
- Ensures that blood/body fluids, biohazard materials, needle containers and potentially infectious waste are appropriately disposed and removed from the clinic and exam area according to infection control guidelines.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred for candidates who graduated from a Medical Assistant program. Non-graduates must have 3 - 5 years of recent Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice or ambulatory environment. Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- BCLS training and current certification required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.