Practice Support AssociateFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: West Babylon, NY Department: GSH Primary CareLindenhurst-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 one later night ReqNum: 6030408
Practice Support Associate
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
As a Practice Support Associate for Catholic Health Services, you will be responsible for a variety of clerical duties to help facilitate the daily functions of the Physician Practice. This position requires the ability to function in a multi-tasking computerized environment including use of the CHS EPIC Practice Management System.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling physician correspondence
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.