Practice Support AssociateFacility: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: West Babylon, NY Department: CHPP Cardiology West Babylon-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6042822
The Practice Support Associate is assigned to administrative duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling physician correspondence
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs when not providing direct patient care clinical support
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.