Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA)- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGYFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: South Bay Cardiovascular Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8am-6:30pm Mon-Thurs ReqNum: 6016220
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Cardiology Practice - West Islip, NY
Advanced Practice Provider - Electrophysiology
Full Time: Mon-Thurs Only 8am-6:30 flexible - No Weekends or Holidays
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
South Bay Cardiovascular Associates of West Islip, NY is currently looking for an experienced Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA) to join our nationally ranked team of cardiac care professionals.
The Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA) will function as a valued member of our Electrophysiology department and specialize in the treatment and management of patients with heart rhythm disorders.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Advanced Practice Provider will assist collaborating physicians in providing assessments, diagnosis, care and treatment of patients in an outpatient cardiology practice setting
- Treatment, management and remote management of implanted device patients; pacemakers, defibrillators, and loop recorders.
- Programing pacemakers, defibrillators, and loop recorders.
- Appropriate ordering of tests and medications
- Receiving, interpreting, and communicating internal and external testing results
- Coordinating admissions and/or transfers to other facilities
- Consult and coordinate with multidisciplinary team in formulating an appropriate patient plan of care
- Cardiology and electrophysiology experience
- Proficiency in 12 Lead EKG testing
- Proficiency in Arrhythmia Interpretation.
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved PA or NP program
- NYS Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License
- PA or NP Board Certification
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.