Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM), Operating Room (OR)Facility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Operating Room Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 6a-2p / 7a-3p ReqNum: 6025952
Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) Operating Room (OR)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Operating Room (OR) Assistant Nurse Manager will:
- Provide leadership and direction for the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager
- Aids in orientation and mentoring of new employees, as well as keeping existing employees in constant readiness to respond to patient emergencies.
- Manage patient assignments and delegate tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Retain responsibility for the health and safety of patients and employees.
- Participate with the Nurse Manager in completing performance evaluations, resolving personnel problems, and counseling employees.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Perioperative Services
- 3+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Main Operating Room, prior leadership experience preferred
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, CNOR preferred
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.