Asst Nurse ManagerFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Ambulatory Surgery/Day Op Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 7-3 flexible ReqNum: 6015037
Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU) Assistant Nurse Manager will:
- Provide leadership and direction for the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager
- Aids in orientation and mentoring of new employees, as well as keeping existing employees in constant readiness to respond to patient emergencies.
- Manage patient assignments and delegate tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Retain responsibility for the health and safety of patients and employees.
- Participate with the Nurse Manager in completing performance evaluations, resolving personnel problems, and counseling employees.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Ambulatory Surgery
- 5+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in in a surgical setting (ambulatory preferred), leadership experience preferred.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.