Concierge Pharmacy TechnicianFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: West Islip, NY Department: Supply Chain Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time, including Weekends Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 9am-9pm ReqNum: 6022498
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Stationed at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Under general supervision of a pharmacist, performs pharmacy-related functions to provide optimal pharmaceutical care, including managing drug procurement, preparation, storage, inventory control, distribution, orders, prescriptions, and dispensing, insurance processing, prior authorization or other duties as required.
- Strong communication skills and the capacity to work with patients, physicians, pharmacists, case management, and retail personnel with genuine care and empathy.
- Coordinate the filling, counseling, billing, and delivery of prescriptions to the patient's rooms prior to discharge.
- Responsible for logistically organizing and delivering discharge prescription medications, self-care products, and health management resources to patients and/or their caregivers.
- Responsible for accurate and timely review of discharged medications in the acute care areas.
- Interviews patients, family members, caregivers, or outpatient/community pharmacies.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record (EPIC) to identify prior to admission or recent discharge medication lists in order to compile the best possible medication list for patients.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information. Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Collaborates with healthcare providers including all members of the healthcare, members of the interdisciplinary care team, and the patient's family across the continuum to ensure that patients are effectively managed and their healthcare needs are met
- Utilizes information to address care opportunities and suggests adjustments in internal workflow to improve patient health outcomes.
- Comprehends transition of care and medication reconciliation.
- Assists providers and quality team in meeting utilization goals by tracking and following up after ER visits, specialty consults, and diagnostic testing.
- Adheres to rules and regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy governing technician activities.
- Attends and actively participates in quality and program team meetings, patient/family advisory council, webinars and learning collaborative.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures, including assessment techniques to evaluate and track patient outcomes.
- Responsible for enrolling patients into the bedside medication delivery program.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- PTCB certification is required.
- Minimum of 5 years pharmacy technician experience required
- Associate's degree (Healthcare, Business or a related field) preferred
- Retail pharmacy experience preferred.
- Must have effective oral communications skills to professionally interact with patients, providers and staff.
- Knowledge of basic pharmacy practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and medical supplies.
- Knowledge of record-keeping techniques.
- Ability to maintain adequate inventory/supplies.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.