Echo Technologist-PDFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: South Bay Cardiovascular Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varied ReqNum: 6021749
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.The Echo Technologist will be working at South Bay Cardiovascular, a leading cardiovascular medical group, is affiliated with nationally renowned St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center. Based in West Islip, the facility offers a broad range of expertise in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all types of cardiovascular disease.
Responsibilities will include:
- Able to obtain a quality ICAEL acceptable echocardiogram.
- Able to compile a diagnostic preliminary report. To perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of data in an outpatient setting.
- Calculations of heart walls, chamber sizes, blood flow direction and velocity, comparing measuring to norms.
- Prepare examination rooms by checking equipment, inventory, restocking supplies, reviewing patient schedules, able to read physician orders, reduce patient anxiety by explaining procedures, answering questions, provide
- Assistance to examination table or treadmill.
- Graduate from an accredited ultrasound program
- Licensure Required CCI OR ARDMS
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.