Employee Health ManagerFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Employee Health Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: days ReqNum: 6019052
Employee Health Manager
The Employee Health Manager is responsible for ensuring that all efforts are made to maintain the health and safety of all employees while adhering to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures and complying with all regulatory requirements and guidelines.Responsible for maintaining employee health records in a confidential manner in accordance with HIPPA regulations; as well as serving on multiple committees and participating in performance improvement projects.
- Coordinates pre-placement exams for employees and volunteers, including vaccine review, tb skin testing, visual acuity, vital signs and review of lab reports
- Performs yearly health assessments
- Administers vaccines as appropriate and following CDC guidelines and EHS policies
- Follows up on blood and body fluid exposures
- Performs drug and alcohol testing as needed
- Reviews incident reports and watches for trends in injuries and locations
- Supervises employee health staff, conducts performance evaluations, staff scheduling and timekeeping duties
- Recommend and Implement Employee Wellness Programs
- Ensures that confidentiality of all material is maintained
- Maintains and updates departmental policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
Candidate should be a Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistant with a minimum of five years clinical and managerial experience.The right candidate will demonstrate a commitment to performance improvement and service quality, and will contribute their talents and skills to achieve individual, departmental and hospital-wide goals and objectives while creating a work environment that prioritizes personal wellness and professional growth.
oAt least 5 years clinical and managerial experience.
oExperience as an Employee Health Practitioner preferred.
oKnowledge of current federal and state regulations regarding Employee Health, safety, workers' compensation, oBasic Computer Skills Including Microsoft Office and Outlook email. oExcellent interpersonal and communication skills.
oBasic Computer Skills Including Microsoft Office and Outlook email. oExcellent interpersonal and communication skills.
oExcellent interpersonal and communication skills.
oPA must be a graduate of an ARC-PA approved program and must have current NCCPA certification.
oNP must be a graduate of an approved program and must have a current RN license and current NY state certification.
BLS/ACLS/AED training required and accepted from only 2 organizations:
1.American Heart Association - BLS/ACLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program
2.American Red Cross - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
No online programs from any organization will be accepted.