Manager Care CoordinationFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Care Management Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 7a-7:30pm ReqNum: 6019581
Manager of Care Coordination (MCC) - Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Managers of Care Coordination:
- Collaborate and coordinate with multidisciplinary to manage safe quality patient progression from admission to discharge.
- Act as liaison between all patient care services to ensure appropriate bed assignment and optimal patient experience.
- Lead unit meetings to identify and eliminate barriers to patient care plans.
- Participate in escalation huddles, bringing attention any barriers to discharge to key stakeholders.
- Serve as a clinical and technical resource and role model for staff, applying knowledge to daily practice.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Care Coordination
- 1+ years of Case Management experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 1+ years of nurse leadership experience
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.