Med TechnologistFacility: Good Samaritan University Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: Lab Chemistry Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Night shift Hours: Midnight - 8am ReqNum: 6048651
10K Sign on Bonus - New Hire
Good Samaritan University Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Medical Technologist performs a variety of clinical tests exercising independent judgment in the specialties or subspecialties for which they are qualified. The Medical Technologist performs various biochemical, microscopic, blood bank, and/or bacteriological tests to obtain data for use in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Establishes/monitors the department's quality control policies and ensures documentation of all quality control activities, instrument, and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed. Ensures that departmental supplies are stocked and well maintained.
- Correlates laboratory methods, procedures, and patient test results with age-specific population criteria and demonstrates appropriate understanding of the needs of patients and visitors for each specific age group. Addresses safety and psychological needs in planning or delivering care
- Establishes and implements service priorities, workflow patterns; monitors workflow to assure prompt and efficient delivery of services.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate departmental performance and recommends measures to improve services and quality of current methodologies.
- B.S. in Medical Technology or related science from an accredited school.
- License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist under the NYS Department of Education
- Good oral and written communication skills
- One year internship at accredited hospital or one year practical experience
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.