Nuclear Imaging Technol-PDFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: South Bay Cardiovascular Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varies ReqNum: 6019590
Nuclear Imaging Technologist
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.The Nuclear Imaging Technologist will be working at South Bay Cardiovascular, a leading cardiovascular medical group, is affiliated with nationally renowned St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center. Based in West Islip, the facility offers a broad range of expertise in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all types of cardiovascular disease.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for performing duties directly involving a variety of technical procedures in the application of radionuclides for diagnostic and treatment of disease in humans.
- Obtains quality diagnostic images at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist program.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board or ARRT (Nuclear Medicine) certified required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.