Nurse Manager (NP) - CardioFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: Southbay Cardiovascular Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varied ReqNum: 6015337
Clinical Nurse Manager - Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology - Full Time
West Islip, NY
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
The Nurse Manager NP will be leading South Bay Cardiovascular, a top ranked cardiovascular medical group extension clinic of the nationally renowned St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center. Based in West Islip, the facility offers a broad range of expertise in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all types of cardiovascular disease. This twenty-one physician facility provides Stress testing, Nuclear SPECT and PET/CT, Echocardiography, Electrophysiology and Interventional services, bringing the expertise of St. Francis Hospital to the south shore of Long Island.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading clinical operations and responding to patient care and staff issues that require intervention.
- Developing and facilitating performance improvement initiatives ensuring quality patient care, safety, satisfaction, optimal employee engagement and teamwork.
- Maintaining accuracy of monthly schedules and daily staffing.
- Empowering integrated team to develop policies with management oversight and participating in departmental and interdisciplinary committees impacting patient care delivery.
- Leading and participating in departmental and hospital meetings, encouraging staff participation.
- Completing and participating in all RN and Advanced Practice Provider interviews, assessments and evaluations.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience in cardiology.
- Minimum of 2-3 years charge/management experience.
- Licensed and registered in NYS to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice Provider (APP).
- BLS and ACLS required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.