Nurse ManagerFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Delivery Room Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Varied hours Hours: 8-4 ReqNum: 6010824
Nurse Manager Delivery Room
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Nurse Manager for the Delivery Room will:
- Manage, lead, and support the staff members of the Delivery Room, promoting safe nursing practice and intervening as needed.
- Maintain operational aspects of the unit including participating in budget preparation, monitoring resources.
- Collaborate with human resources to hire and evaluate staff and resolve issues.
- Attend management meetings and participate on departmental committees.
- Serve as a clinical and technical resource and role model for staff, applying knowledge to daily practice.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Labor & Delivery
- 5+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in Labor & Delivery
- 2+ years of progressive nurse leadership experience
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required, Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) required
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.