Nursing Asst (Internal Position)Department Only Facility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Ambulatory Surgery/Day Op Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time, including Weekends Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 1-9 flex ReqNum: 6012679 Internal Position
Responsible for assisting in the safe treatment and care of patients in accordance with established policies and procedures and age of patients served on the unit.The Nursing Assistant must demonstrate behaviors consistent with an environment based GSHMC's model of patient care.
Must meet one of the following 3 requirements:
1. Completion of Nursing Assistant program, BOCES or Military Hospital Corps School or equivalent with current New York State CNA certification.
2. Completion of a Nursing fundamentals course or equivalent within a RN program.
3. A Minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Nursing Assistant.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience preferred. Knowledge of safety and infection control practices required. Knowledge of computer systems and/or prior clerical experience required.Ability to interpret medical terminology required. Alpha Numeric-5000 Keystrokes per hour required for positions on units that require computer access.
BLS or CPR/AED training required and accepted from only 2 organizations:
1. American Heart Association - BLS/ACLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program
2. American Red Cross - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
No online programs from any organization will be accepted.