Patient Rep-Physician BillingFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: South Bay Cardiovascular Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Part Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varied ReqNum: 6034116
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accurately register patient demographics to include insurance information, insurance verification, and email addresses for MyChart
- Ability to interpret third party coverage to patients
- Responsible for patient referrals and pre-certification/authorization for outpatient tests and/or inpatient procedures
- Communicate with other ancillary staff for proper insurance requirements
- EPIC deposit tool: reconcile daily copayments and complete weekly cash deposit
- Serve as a resource for staff including all aspects of billing
- Handle patient billing inquiries
- Collect patient copayments
- Charge Entry
- Support Front Desk with Checking Patients In/Out and Answering Phones as needed
- May be assigned additional duties as needed
- HS Diploma/GED Required
- Experience working in a medical practice is preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future