Resource ManagerFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Operating Room Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, Variable Days with Holiday coverage Shift: Day shift Hours: 7A-3P ReqNum: 6028705
Resource Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Resource Managers:
- Provide specialized clinical expertise and skill in the specified surgical specialty.
- Manage education of staff, including employees' orientation to the unit, standards of care, and competencies.
- Act as a support person and role model for the unit including ordering supplies for the unit, participating in the capital budget process, vetting and implementing new technologies, and arranging in-servicing.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Perioperative Services
- 5+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience Operating Room, with expertise in the position's specialty line.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required. CNOR preferred.
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.