Retail Pharmacy SupervisorFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: West Islip, NY Department: Supply Chain Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 9:00am-9pm ReqNum: 6022497
Stationed at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Under the direction of director of Pharmacy. Pharmacist will review and execute physician's prescriptions by checking their appropriateness and legality.
- Responsible for reviewing patient profiles for the purpose of order verification, appropriateness of medications, monitoring patient therapy, monitoring for drug safety and efficacy, and performing and documenting interventions when deemed appropriate.
- Checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled.
- Advising patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments as needed.
- Ensures patients are fully aware and knowledgeable about changes if any to the medication.
- Perform the final check on all prescriptions dispensed to assure correct medication, dose, administration instructions, quantities, number of refills as the written prescription.
- Supervising the preparation of any medication.
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration.Keeping a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Managing, supervising and training pharmacy support staff.
- Arranging the delivery of prescription medicines to patients.
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Timely follow-up (telephone) with the patient is expected in order to assess compliance.
- Performs continuous quality assurance measures and evaluates appropriate data for program performance.
- Complies with regulatory bodies such as HIPAA, NYS Law, JCAHO, HRSA (340b), and CHSLI Policies and Procedures.
- Pharmacist will work with other disciplines to provide integrated care, ensure timely delivery and education to employees when dispensing prescriptions.
- Proven experience as a community pharmacist
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Good organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach.
- Integrity and compassion.
- Degree in Pharmacy.
- Valid license to practice the profession in NY.
- Outstanding knowledge of Pharmacy information systems (e.g: Micro Merchant.)