RN (Internal Position)Facility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: Ambulatory Surgery/Day Op Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 1p-9p flexible ReqNum: 6019535 Internal Position
Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU) RN's:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, and manage overall care for pre-op and post-op patients ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Ambulatory Surgery
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in in a surgical setting (ambulatory preferred)
- 1+ years medical/surgical experience
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.