RNFacility: Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr Location: West Islip, NY Department: PACU/Recovery Room Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Night shift Hours: 7pm-7:30am ReqNum: 6030640
Registered Nurse (RN) Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RN's:
- Recover, assess, monitor, administer medication and manage overall care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics who have undergone surgical procedures under anesthesia (general, regional, and MAC).
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients' loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the PACU
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in a Critical Care Unit (ICU, CCU, CTICU, etc.)
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 6 months of hire. Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.