Social Worker-LMSWFacility: Good Samaritan University Hospital Location: West Islip, NY Department: Social Services Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Part Time, With Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm ReqNum: 6048959
Social Worker- LMSW/LCSW
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that is focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing a wide range of services for patients and their families, such as crisis intervention, supportive counseling and psychotherapy.
- Maintain involvement with patients and families and participate in staff consultations, assessments and evaluations
- Keeps informed of the latest professional practices and trends and performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Minimum of 2 years medical social work preferred
- New York State Licensure
- Clinical experience preferred
- Must display proficient MS Office and strong keyboarding skills
- Certification as a LMSW or LCSW required
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Acute medical hospital experience and/or experience in a health care environment preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.