Surgical CoordinatorFacility: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: West Islip, NY Department: GSH Intv Pulm Chandrika-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5pm ReqNum: 6037870
Surgical Coordinator-GSH Cancer Institute
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Surgical Coordinator assists the practice manager in daily operations of a central scheduling unit. Ensures information is obtained regarding the scheduling of physicians on call.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Manages tasks related to booking hospital procedure
- Demonstrate pleasant phone voice and communication
- Demonstrate ability to work in detailed oriented environment
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency in all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, scheduling patients and verifying insurances.
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance issues effecting patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of securing prior authorizations and authorization for procedures
- Ensure necessary medical record information is present for procedure including medical clearance if needed
- Work collaboratively with hospital personnel to ensure procedures are booked providing seamless process for patients
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Manages/Assists with projects associated with the practice
- Orders and Manages inventory for the Department as it relates to the surgical practices
- Promotes professional development opportunities within the department.
- Facilitates effective communication amongst staff members.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Partners with Medical Assistant Staff, Physician and Office Management to ensure weekly Outpatient, inpatient and surgery schedules are streamlined
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years of physician office scheduling experience.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes â€“ to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.